[xmonad] Issue 106 in xmonad: LayoutCombinators disallows custom key-bindings to work?

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 18 18:27:40 EST 2007

Issue 106: LayoutCombinators disallows custom key-bindings to work?

New issue report by thomas.adam22:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. import XMonad.Layout.LayoutCombinators hiding ( (|||) )
2. Use the sample config from the docs:

 myLayouts = (Tall 1 (3/100) (1/2) *//* Full)  ||| (Tall 1 (3/100) (1/2)
***||** Full) ||| Full ||| etc..
 main = xmonad defaultConfig { layoutHook = myLayouts }

3. Assume you hace key-bindings like this:

      -- window navigation keybindings.
      , ((modm,               xK_Right), sendMessage $ Go R)
      , ((modm,               xK_Left ), sendMessage $ Go L)
      , ((modm,               xK_Up   ), sendMessage $ Go U)
      , ((modm,               xK_Down ), sendMessage $ Go D)

The above key-bindings from (3) above won't work.  They ought to.

xmonad-darcs, Ubuntu Linux (Hardy).

I have no idea if this is some stupidity on my part in (mis-)using the
LayoutCombinators module or if it is a genuine bug.  I hope it's the former
though.  :)

Tag:  Component-Contrib

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----