[xmonad] Stuck inside a window - this happen to anyone else?

Dougal Stanton ithika at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:52:49 EST 2007

On 14/12/2007, Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:

> If it happens again, consider upgrading to the darcs version, and X11
> 1.4.1. Two rare bugs have been fixed, possibly related (or not).
>
> That would at least let us rule out something that might have been
> fixed.

It just happened to me again so I've upgraded to the latest
X11/Xmonad. We'll see what happens.

I was in a terminal window this time, so I tried a few more things to
see what would happen.

- opening a new terminal had no effect. The program launched (at
least, my CPU usage spiked) but no new window appeared. I ctrl-c'ed
and my prompt re-appeared in the current window.
- the mouse pointer still changes shape as it moves across different
windows, and I can still highlight by click-dragging in other terminal
windows. Can't move focus to them though.

D.

--
Dougal Stanton
dougal at dougalstanton.net // http://www.dougalstanton.net