[xmonad] newbie #2: "could not find module" XMonad.NoBorders, XMonad.Layout.NoBorders, etc.

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Tue Dec 11 02:21:16 EST 2007

Hy,
if I understood you right I think the following thing is the problem:
You have to execute the following AS YOUR USER (not as root):

#for xmonad:
runhaskell Setup.lhs --user --prefix=${HOME} configure
runhaskell Setup.lhs build
runhaskell Setup.lhs install

#for XMonadContrib
exactly the same as above.

If you do this, Cabal registers the Packages automatically and xmonad
should find them.

Greetings from Germany
Dominik

--