[xmonad] Issue 51 in xmonad: amsn crashes when a contact tries to open a dialog

Xiao-Yong Jin xj2106 at columbia.edu
Sat Dec 8 14:02:04 EST 2007

codesite-noreply at google.com writes:

> Issue 51: amsn crashes when a contact tries to open a dialog
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=51
>
> Comment #1 by SpencerJanssen:
> As far as we know, this problem remains.  However, we can't do anything
> without more
> information.

Amsn users should look through output from amsn.  Most
probably the crash is caused by something similar to the one
described in the FAQ of amsn:

http://www.amsn-project.net/wiki/FAQ#As_soon_as_I_try_to_log_on_or_change_aMSN.27s_language.2C_it_crashes_with_the_following_message:_X_Error_of_failed_request:__BadValue_.28integer_parameter_out_of_range_for_operation.29.2C_Major_opcode_of_failed_request:__45_.28X_OpenFont.29

I have encountered some different behaviours.  But I would
take it as a problem that lies within TCL or X11 libs.

Xiao-Yong
--