[xmonad] Issue 97 in xmonad: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

Thomas Adam thomas.adam22 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:22:05 EST 2007

Hi --

On 07/12/2007, codesite-noreply at google.com <codesite-noreply at google.com> wrote:
> Issue 97: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=97
>
> Comment #1 by byorgey:
> Another data point: today, after unlocking the screen, neither the
> mouse nor the
> keyboard would respond.  I was still able to switch to a virtual
> terminal and log in,
> so I could verify that xmonad was still running.  I decided to kill
> xscreensaver, and
> it caused X to exit as well.  At this point I have no idea whether this
> is an xmonad
> bug or an xscreensaver bug.

I don't think this problem is xscreensaver specific, and I would argue
is a red-herring.  I too find for no apparent reason that after
sometime, Firefox no longer responds to keyboard focus unless it is
either moved to the floating layer and retiled or a new window is
opened.

This will be an issue with Firefox though, and not of XMonad itself.
How best to fix it (whether XMonad can send a synthetic event to
Firefox or not) is still something I am pondering.

-- Thomas Adam