[Xmonad] I don't notice when someone talks to me via Gaim

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:19:19 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 05:33:58PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 07:53:02AM -0700, krishna at emptybox.org wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 01:45:55PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:
> > >   - All Gaim windows go to a specific workspace.
> >
> > I accomplish this with a tabbed conversation window which I open as soon
> > as gaim starts.
>
> That's a cool idea.  I've now done this.

It's also a hackish workaround.  When applications need to implement their
own window managers (e.g. tabs) it means we're doing a poor job at
implementing the actual window manager... Of course, they need to implement
their own window manager anyhow, because most people have useless window
managers, but we should have a decent one (some day!), and won't need such
hacks.
--
David Roundy
http://www.darcs.net