[Xmonad] darcs patch: DragPane.hs: fixes usage info (requires ... (and 2 more)

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Aug 27 14:21:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:40:16AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> I suppose we could use the same input for ID and for color for now, and
> then our Configs be forward compatible with a future version of DragPlane
> that has the hokey user-input ID removed.

I've already sent an amended patch with usage instruction that suggest
the string being the id, and probably forward compatibility is
important too.

Moreover I think that the module for generating unique ids may be
indeed a useful thing to have around. And I could write something
down.

On the other side we are at the .3 release and a minor change in a
layout in a future release is not dramatic. For this reason I would
suggest to keep your original design with corrected usage instruction,
and change the layout function as soon as we will have the
infrastructure we need.

Andrea