[Xmonad] Re: Xmonad no longer compile since latest darcs pull

Kai Grossjohann kai at emptydomain.de
Fri Aug 17 04:38:12 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 02:12:16PM +1000, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> It is good to learn new things!

I agree.

> You'll pick it up in no time, I'm sure :)

The part that I'm having trouble with is monads and the associated
operators (liftm comes to mind, it seems to be somehow related).  I read
Hal Daume's tutorial.  Do you have advice what else I can read to grok?

(And I'm having trouble to understand the relationship between "<-" and
"=".  Apparently, "<-" somehow implies that "statements" are "executed"
in some order.  But Haskell tries really hard to hide the fact that
there are statements and that there is such as thing as execution.  As
Haskell is based on lambda calculus, I am not surprised -- there are no
statements and there is no order of execution in lambda calculus.  So
Haskell tries so hard to hide them that I can't find them...)

Kai