[Xmonad] slock issue

Alexander Tsamutali astsmtl at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 03:01:48 EDT 2007

Hi, all.

I have strange issue with slock [0]. Here is how it's bound in my Config.hs:

((modMask,               xK_F12   ), spawn "slock") -- @@ Lock screen

Dead simple. But it doesn't work. When i launch slock from urxvt or
dmenu everything works. When i launch it using modMask + xK_F12 screen
goes black and then after few seconds everything comes back and no
locking occurs. I noticed that if for ex. before launching slock my
urxvt is in focus and i type something when screen is black, urxvt
catches my input. Seems like slock fails to lock screen and catch all
input events. But this happens only when i launch slock with a
keybinding. Can someone help?

[0] http://www.suckless.org/wiki/tools/xlib

--
Alexander Tsamutali