[Xmonad] darcs patch: XPrompt: fixes a nasty bug in getLastWord

Donald Bruce Stewart dons at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Aug 15 23:55:38 EDT 2007

mailing_list:

> New patches:
>
> [XPrompt: fixes a nasty bug in getLastWord
> Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>**20070815163457
>  This patch fixes a nasty bug in getLastWord, a bug that causes XMonad
>  to crash as soon as the command line consists of only 2 empty spaces.
>  *PLEASE UPDATE* if you are running XPrompt.

Applied.

The instability in this module is a little concerning: any way you can
write some tests for it? (Perhaps use QC to generate strings or
something?).

Proper QuickCheck tests for the pure code would be welcome, and reassure
users. I can give some examples, if you're unsure with QuickCheck.

-- Don