[Xmonad] Some questions

Sébastien Gross seb-xmonad at chezwam.org
Fri Aug 10 21:45:17 EDT 2007

On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 04:41:28PM -0400, xj2106 at columbia.edu wrote:
> dons at cse.unsw.edu.au (Donald Bruce Stewart) writes:
>
> > mvanier:
> >> FWIW I've found mplayer to behave pretty badly under xmonad.  Sometimes
> >> when I've used it the display doesn't come up at all, other times it comes
> >> up fine.  I'm not sure if this is the fault of xmonad or mplayer (mplayer
> >> is one of the least stable Linux applications I know of).
> >
> > mplayer in the float layer, in the darcs version, seems pretty well
> > behvaed in my experience.

Well I did not found the float layer

> Are you sure that the full screen toggle using `f' works for
> you?

Not for me
And as I am using a 14-pixel status bar, there is a part of the screen
that is not coverred by the mplayer window.

kpdf does not seems to been correctly handled either.

in an other hand, gqview seems to work fine in full screen mode.

Maybe a workaround should be to add a fullscreen mode like ion does,
this would be very handy.

--
Sébastien Gross