[Xmonad] Some questions

Lukas Mai l.mai at web.de
Thu Aug 9 12:26:39 EDT 2007

Am Donnerstag, 9. August 2007 17:33 schrieb Sébastien Gross:

> - it is possible to switch from one desktop to one other using
>   Mod+[1..9]. Is it possible to configure Xmonad to switch to the next,
>   previous desktop using Mod+Sift+(lsft/right) ?

Yes. My Config.hs contains this (in the definition of keys):

    ((modMask .|. controlMask, xK_Left),
        withWindowSet $ view . pred . W.tag . W.workspace . W.current),
    ((modMask .|. controlMask, xK_Right),
        withWindowSet $ view . succ . W.tag . W.workspace . W.current)

(Replace controlMask by shiftMask.)

> - running mplayer in fullscreen (hit the f key in mplayer) does not fill
>   the screen but the window. Some workarround exist (such as using
>   Xmonad full screen or using the FindEmptyWorkspace module), but using
>   the functionnality from mplayer would be greater.

I don't have a real solution for this. I use XMonadContrib.SwitchTrans
with mod+f bound to toggle fullscreen mode, which works good enough in
practice.

HTH, Lukas