[Xmonad] Remote Controlling XMonad: Cases and Materials

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Aug 7 09:45:56 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:22:32PM +0200, Andrea Rossato wrote:
> BTW, these patches require a vary small modification to XMonad itself.
> XMonad has just to wait for a propertyNotify event sent to the root
> window. If that happens a hook is called (I named that hook
> serverHook).

Well, I build up such a case... typical of a lawyer I'd say...;-)

Now I'm studying some of David's code, and LayoutHelpers, specifically.

There's no need at all to modify XMonad, this is just a simple contrib
module I'm going to submit shortly.

Unfortunately David did not document much his code, and some of it,
even if designed to help others, remains unused. I'll try to write
some documentation too. I'm sure David doesn't mind.

Ciao
Andrea