[Xmonad] dragging in X instead of IO

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Tue Aug 7 03:25:50 EDT 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 05:17:05PM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> The result is that moving and resizing windows doesn't interrupt xmonad's
> regular event loop, and means (among other things) that tabs get redrawn
> while moving float windows (for instance if the float window gets moved
> over the tab like an eraser).  This is a bugfix, but not of a very relevant
> bug.

This is very useful indeed. (I'll add that I would like to have a hook
that can be set for events that are not handled by the main event
loop too.)

> It'd also be handy for things like a XMonadContrib floating layout with
> title bars on the windows (which would hopefully eventually be a candidate
> for replacing the default float layout via Config modification).

This is something I would like to see implemented. I thought about
starting to hack such a layout but now I think I'll be waiting for
your preliminary work to be done and then I'll  jump in to help.

Thanks,
Andrea