[Xmonad] Issue 36 in xmonad: compile failure due to missing instance

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Aug 5 20:04:29 EDT 2007

Issue 36: compile failure due to missing instance

New issue report by mvanier42:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. runhaskell Setup.hs build
2.
3.

I expect the program to compile.  Instead I get this:

XMonad.hs:62:5:
    No instance for (Read Rectangle)
      arising from the 'deriving' clause of a data type declaration
      at XMonad.hs:62:5
    Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Read Rectangle)
    When deriving the instance for `Read ScreenDetail'

Darcs head xmonad on Debian Linux unstable, with ghc-6.6.1 compiled from
scratch.

xmonad-0.2 compiles and runs fine on my machine.

If this error is due to a module from XMonadContrib, please tag this issue
with 'Component-Contrib' below.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium