[Xmonad] what about a prompt?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Wed Aug 1 17:40:59 EDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 01:36:56PM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> My main hope would be to have good (flexible) completion support, and an
> easy-to-use API.

Well, this is the idea I'm working on.

Flexible completion support: basically you'll have to provide our own
completion function.

I'm going to write some related prompt modules as examples: a shell,
an internal command, and an ssh prompt, but I'm jut writing the X
support stuff. I hope the API will be extremely easy: a Show instance
declaration (for the prompt type) and the completion function. I'll
give a String back, the command to be run.

The look and feel will be quite similar to the Ion prompt. Default
colors will be copied from Tabbed.hs, so your fault. They can be
changed, though.

Cheers
Andrea