[Xmonad] compiling problem

Michael Vanier mvanier at cs.caltech.edu
Tue Apr 24 15:23:56 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to everyone who's working on xmonad.  I'm an ion user
and I'd love to have equivalent functionality implemented in a (*ahem*)
better language.

I've been going through the procedure to install xmonad-0.1, and I
successfully installed all the dependencies.  But the xmonad build fails
thusly:

Preprocessing executables for xmonad-0.1...
Building xmonad-0.1...

XMonad.hs:27:7:
     Could not find module `System.Posix.Process':
       Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.

I'm running ghc-6.6 compiled from source on Debian Linux.  Any hints?

Mike