[Haskell wikibook] Re: Cheat sheet

Daniel Mlot duplode_1 at yahoo.com.br
Thu May 27 15:13:38 EDT 2010

On 05/24/2010 09:39 AM, Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:
> Daniel Mlot wrote:
>>
>> I took a bit of a break from the book over this week in order to give
>> time to my ideas to get clearer. By the way, I just reduced my Haskell
>> naivety a bit by writing an useful-ish standalone "real world" program,
>> which works fine other than for being very memory hungry (still, the
>> code is *so* much nicer to work with than the corresponding procedural
>> implementations that I would gladly concede it a couple hundred
>> megabytes to play with). Anyway...
>
> Feel free to ask on the #haskell IRC channel or the
> beginners at haskell.org mailing list for advice on your memory woes;
> there's always someone around you can help.

I went to the IRC yesterday. People were quite helpful there but unfortunately we couldn't make a breakthrough before I had to call it a day and have some sleep. On the other hand, all the failed attempts made me able to phrase my issues in a clearer way, so that I can make a comprehensible post in the mailing list.

> I was thinking about putting both the source for the cheat sheet and the
> Haskell program that translates it on the talk page, and instruct people
> to make changes there. Not ideal, but should work.

This gave me a very cool idea, which is explained in details here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Village_pump_(technical)#A_bot_for_meta-edition

(I made this post to ask for technical feedback on the MediaWiki side of the things. Also, I mentioned Python, but of course the plan would be interfacing the Haskell parser to the Python MediaWiki API.)

Regards,
Daniel Mlot