[web-devel] http2

Lennart Kolmodin kolmodin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 13:22:31 UTC 2013

2013/12/18 Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp>

> Hi,
>
> > I admire your courage of writing an OpenSSL binding. I hope you know
> > what sort of library the "enterprise grade" OpenSSL actually is. Last
> > time I checked there was zero documentation, there seems to be a wiki
> > now. In case you plan to read the source code, make sure you wear a
> > helmet. We definitely do not want you to sustain head injuries while
> > banging your head.
>
> I have read the source code of OpenSSL before so I know its
> quality. :-)
>
> My first choice is to extend pure Haskell TLS. OpenSSL is a last
> resort. So, I said "if necessary".

I implemented NPN in Haskell TLS when I played around with SPDY/2, so at
least that extension should be in place already :)
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/tls-1.1.5/docs/Network-TLS.html#v:onSuggestNextProtocols
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/tls-1.1.5/docs/Network-TLS.html#v:onNPNServerSuggest
https://hackage.haskell.org/package/tls-1.1.5/docs/Network-TLS.html#v:getNegotiatedProtocol

My SPDY/2 playground: https://github.com/kolmodin/spdy (a couple of
different implementations, based both on conduit and io-streams)

A lot has changed from SPDY/2 to http/2, so I'm not sure the spdy/2 code
will be much help to you :/

Lennart