[web-devel] http2

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Dec 18 06:52:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 02:59:58PM +0900, Kazu Yamamoto wrote:

> > HsOpenSSL doesn't have bindings for
> > the needed functions (SSL_CTX_set_tlsext_servername_callback() /
> > SSL_get_servername()) and the tls library (which I am personally reluctant
> > to use for "crypto is hard to do right and you really want to use
> > widely-audited code" reasons) doesn't seem to have an implementation yet
> > either. OpenSSL support seems to be the easier nut to crack there.

[snip]

> Then, I will tackle TLS stuff. If necessary, I will write bindings
> to OpenSSL.

I admire your courage of writing an OpenSSL binding. I hope you know
what sort of library the "enterprise grade" OpenSSL actually is. Last
time I checked there was zero documentation, there seems to be a wiki
now. In case you plan to read the source code, make sure you wear a
helmet. We definitely do not want you to sustain head injuries while
banging your head.

Regards

ppk