[web-devel] yesod mysql

Grant Weyburne weyburne at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 16:36:27 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to use Yesod with Mysql on Windows but cannot get the mysql
package to build.
I can see that there is an error report about this problem that hasn't been
addressed for the past 11 months:

https://github.com/bos/mysql/issues/3

At the moment this means that the only real database on Windows is
Postgres, but I can only use mysql or mssql in this project.
Since it doesn't look like this problem will be solved any time soon, can
anyone think of reasonable alternatives?
So far my only thought is using an Odbc interface with a subset of the
persistent functionality.
This could additonally open up access to MS Sql Server and Oracle.
Anyway, I'd appreciate your thoughts about this.
Thanks so much,
Grant