[web-devel] [Yesod] Next version of WAI: cleaning house

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Tue Jul 23 13:10:48 CEST 2013

Michael Snoyman wrote:

>    - Remove the deprecated isSecure field from the Request data type.
>    - Remove the misleading fields serverName and serverPort fields as well.
>    - Possibly: hide the Request constructor so that new fields can be added
>    without breaking backwards compatibility.
>
> If anyone else has some ideas, please bring them up.

Warning, the following idea is not even half baked.

It would be really nice if the new Wai allowed the implementation
(as a Wai application) of a full HTTP and HTTPS proxy capable of
stream data in both directions with constant space usage.

I was able to implement a proxy like this [0] with a hacked version
of Warp based on Enumerator and a version of Warp based on Conduit
0.2. For later versions of Conduit I was never able to get it to
run in constant space.

Happy to help in any way I can.

Cheers,
Erik