[web-devel] Making throughput much better

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Tue Jul 23 03:12:11 CEST 2013

Hi,

> Would you be able to see if this change makes any meaningful impact on the
> benchmarks you're running? If so, we can discuss the proper way to make
> this transition. Note that, as I've implemented it, this is a breaking
> change in WAI, though we could take less extreme measures and get most of
> the performance benefit most likely.

I modified Mighty and gave try. The result is positive:

original                 17,284 req/s
internal-state           18,868 req/s
internal-state + yield   25,020 req/s

I think it's worth changing WAI.

Michael, if you decide to change WAI, I would also like to change
Request and Response so that necessary fields can be obtained without
"lookup".

--Kazu