[web-devel] Automatic error traces

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 14:45:50 CEST 2013

It is important to have execution traces in case of error. specially in
server applications that run 24/7 such are web applications

Thanks to the wonderful package monadloc by Pepe Iborra, now MFlow can
generate a complete execution trace in case of error.

The control-monad-exception uses monadLoc to generate stack traces, but
MFlow makes use of his backtracking mechanism to generate a complete
execution trace.

Here I explain what and how:

http://haskell-web.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/automatic-error-trace-generation-in.html

The MFlow version that implements this is in gitHub. Not in hackage yet.

https://github.com/agocorona/MFlow

I´m quite proud of it since it is one of the things closest to magic that I
have done.

Feedback?

I do not want to keep MFlow as a single person development. I think that it
has many unique and nice features not available in other languages and
frameworks, and it can be raised to a serious exploitation level by
the Haskell community. This will attract people working in Industrial Web
development to Haskell thanks to the edge in expressiveness and safety
necessary for creating industrial solutions that Haskell has over other
languages.

It uses most other Haskell web developments  blaze, wai, hamlet etc
and there are many other things to come.

monadLoc : http://hackage.haskell.org/package/monadloc

--
Alberto.