[web-devel] [Yesod] WAI enhancement: request body size

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 20:36:07 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+hs at mega-nerd.com>wrote:

> Felipe Almeida Lessa wrote:
>
> > +1 for the idea.
> >
> > +2 for using a custom data type: it's *much* easier to read.
>
> I'm with Felipe on both counts.

Just a casual observations. Using custom types for documentation purposes
has some upsides, as we know, but there are also lots of downsides in that
you will have to rewrite lots of standard operations (in this case things
like fromMaybe, etc). I don't have a hard-and-fast rule, but I tend to try
to create new types when they add type safety (although I don't always
follow my own advice).