[web-devel] ANNOUNCE: MFlow 0.2

Alberto G. Corona agocorona at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 16:07:41 CET 2013

Hello. haskellers and, specially, web developpers.

This is the second version of MFlow, a deep-first effort in the development
of a platform for web applications at the higher level, by including as
much haskell magic as possible. It is at the same time experimental and
intended to be used in industry. I believe that haskell will not have its
chance in the Web if it does not bring unique advantages and challenging
paradigms beyond speed and type safety.

Deep-first means that the effort is more in the addition higher level
features rather than in being complete and bug free, with the conviction
that feedback from real usage at the highest level is the best guide for
development.

Rather than to mimic other platforms in other languages, MFlow is as
Haskell'ish as possible, and introduces new approaches like  statefulness,
 event sourcing, back-execution, composable, active, self contained widgets
and persistent STM. All of them collaborate to create a high level
environment for web programming.

This release adds bidings for WAI, blaze-html, stateful AJAX, active
widgets,  requirements, content management, multilanguage and URLs to pages
inside stateful procedures.

The package:
[http://hackage.haskell.org/package/MFlow

The entry in my blog, with the announcement and the philosophy behind
http://haskell-web.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/announce-mflow-02.html

The same, in other words:
http://haskell-web.blogspot.com.es/2012/12/on-spirit-of-mflow-anatomy-of-widget.html

An online example, with some links that explain the new features.
http://81.169.134.95:8081

Stateful, but virtually stateless, thanks to event sourcing
http://haskell-web.blogspot.com/2013/01/stateful-but-stateless-at-last-thanks.html

Example of use of active widgets
http://haskell-web.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/now-example-of-use-of-active-widget.html

Bug tracker