[web-devel] Announce: markdown 0.1

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Sun Jul 15 16:28:05 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've just released the first version of the markdown package to
Hackage[1]. I've been using this package for a while already for
rendering blog posts on yesodweb.com. I put in some time today
cleaning it up and fixing some features, and feel it's now ready for
an experimental release.

The distinguishing features of this library versus other options are:

* Uses blaze-html types natively, making it easy to use with many
existing libraries (Hamlet included).
* Permissive license (BSD3).
* attoparsec and conduit used for parsing.
* Built in XSS protection (though you can disable it if desired).

The library also has a very thorough test suite, but I'd be happy to
accept more test cases. Please report issues/send pull requests on
Github[2].

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/markdown
[2] https://github.com/snoyberg/markdown