[web-devel] happstack subdomain routing

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Sun May 27 22:28:00 CEST 2012

You can use the 'host' or 'withHost' combinators:

Those are actually intended for virtual hosts where you match on the
whole domain. I suppose we could add a variant that makes it easier to
match just the sub-domain portion. Not quite sure what the rules for
that would be though. For most domains, you just drop the last two

 foo.example.org -> foo

But, for .co.uk address that would be  a bit funny:

 foo.example.co.uk -> foo.example

So.. we need to figure out a more sensible rule.. Or you just need to
match on the FQDN.

Is there some correct way to identify a sub-domain? Maybe we just take
everything before the first . and consider that the sub-domain?

- jeremy