[web-devel] ANNOUNCE: hsx-0.10.1, hjscript-0.6.0, hsp-0.7.0
niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:05:16 CEST 2012
I'm pleased to announce the release of the latest versions of the libraries
in the Haskell Server Pages suite.
Haskell Server Pages enables literal XML syntax to be used mixed with
Haskell code (like e.g. PHP), in a sane way (unlike said PHP). In principle
the functionality could be used together with any Haskell web framework,
but is (currently) best integrated in and supported by Happstack. For this
release I owe much to Jeremy Shaw, both for inspiration and for actual
There are some grand plans in the pipeline for some more extensive changes
to the suite, to shape it up to be worthy of the current exciting
state-of-the-art of Haskell web development. Stay tuned!
Specific changes in this release:
* In the XMLGen class, the following associated types have been renamed to
avoid frequent name clashes, and to better match the intention of those
types: XML => XMLType, Child => ChildType, Attribute => AttributeType.
* Literal CDATA strings are now given an explicit type signature in the
post-processed code. This to avoid ambiguities when OverloadedStrings is
* class XMLGenerator m now has EmbedAsChild m () as another premise.
* HSX.Transform now exports a method transformExp :: Exp -> Exp, intended
to be used with quasi-quotation.
* trhsx no longer performs fixity resolution before transforming, allowing
the tool to be used on files using operators with (locally) unknown fixity.
* hsp and hjscript updated to work with hsx-0.10.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the web-devel