[web-devel] Happstack Irregular News #1

Felipe Almeida Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 04:45:44 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy at n-heptane.com> wrote:
> Today a bunch of new and updated packages where uploaded to hackage,
> so it seemed like a good time to make some news!

Congrats on the release!  Hurray!  =D

> happstack-authenticate
> ----------------------
>
> I also upgraded happstack-authenticate to the latest version of the
> authenticate library. The latest version of authenticate dropped
> support for facebook, so I updated the facebook connect support to use
> the fb package. Unfortunately, the fb package had not been updated to
> the latest conduits -- so I submitted a patch for that and a new fb
> 0.8 was released today! happstack-authenticate is still an 'alpha'
> package and has not been released on hackage yet. It is available from
> darcs if you wish to contribute:

Nice!  Sorry for taking so long to apply the patches and finish the
release.  By the way, I haven't checked your code in any way [1], but
I advise taking a look at getUserLogoutUrl [2] -- the old yesod-auth
code didn't take Facebook's logout into account and was wrong in this
regard.

[1] GitHub has made me become lazier =(.
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/fb/0.8/doc/html/Facebook.html#v:getUserLogoutUrl

Felipe.