[web-devel] WAI routing?

yi huang yi.codeplayer at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 14:02:19 CET 2012

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Stephen Paul Weber <
singpolyma at singpolyma.net> wrote:

> I looked around, but could not find a lot of routing packages for WAI.
>  There is wai-routes, but QuasiQuote makes me nervous.
>
> So, I hacked together a very simple router (attached).  It works, though
> it is not efficient for large routing tables (it just does a linear scan
> over all possible routes in the worst case).
>
> I'm curious: (a) what are other people using? (b) are there glaringly
> stupid things I've done in my code?
>
> Thanks :)

I use plain case expression to do routing for my simple wai applications,
ghc's desugar can make it more efficent than linear scan, the code is like
this:

case (requestMethod req, pathInfo req) of
    ("GET", []) -> index
    ("GET", ["object", pk]) -> getObject pk
    ("POST", ["object", pk]) -> jsonBody >>= updateObject pk
    _ -> bad status404 "no route match"

http://www.yi-programmer.com/blog/