[web-devel] FYI: conduit 0.1 is buggy?

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Fri Feb 3 05:38:05 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is just for your information.
>
> I have run the Migthy web server based on conduit 0.1/WAI 1.0 on a
> real world server for severals days. And I found Mighty dies
> sometimes.  I suspect that conduit 0.1 is buggy. I'm not sure but the
> socket leak problem might affect.
>
> I compiled Mighty with conduit 0.2 and run it to watch what will
> happen.
>
> --Kazu

If you're referring to the socket leak bug in the TCP server interface
of network-conduit, that wouldn't be related at all, since it was only
added in 0.2. It's definitely possible that there's a bug, but more
likely it's in Warp, not conduit.

Either way, we've done a lot of debugging on the next version of Warp
(which uses conduit 0.2) and will hopefully be releasing a new version
in the next few days.