[web-devel] Advice on implementing a web proxy

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Thu Dec 8 06:24:28 CET 2011

Hello Michael,

>> I my opinion, the way to fix this is to modify and extend Wai.
>> I too would like to see this problem solved but its lower
>> priority than some of the other things I want to address.
>
> Can you point me to the code that demonstrates this?

Let me explain my understanding.

Consider the following client-server.

          ---->
   clinet       server
          <----

In this case, server handles a pair of input and ouput. This fits
Iteratee model.

But consider proxy:

   clinet       proxy       server

This proxy must handle tow pairs of input ant ouput. In Haskell
netowrk programming, we typically prepares two user threads.

Warp uses one thread and one Iteratee. So, only downloading can be
streaming and uploading results in store-and-forward.

--Kazu