[web-devel] ANN: websockets 0.4.0.0

Jasper Van der Jeugt m at jaspervdj.be
Fri Nov 4 10:00:11 CET 2011

Hello all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of websockets [1] 0.4.0.0 today.
You can grab it on Hackage [2].

This update brings an (almost completely rewritten) library which has
support for multiple versions of the protocol, meaning you can choose
to write backwards-compatible applications, or use the latest and
greatest, all using a common API.

All feedback is obviously welcome, I'd be glad to hear what you guys
think. For the next version, client-side support is planned, so the
library user can write clients in addition to servers. If there's any
other feature you would like to see, feel free to let me know.

[1]: http://jaspervdj.be/websockets/
[2]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/websockets

Cheers,
Jasper