[web-devel] questions about ResponseEnumerator

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Thu Oct 6 09:16:29 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Kazu Yamamoto <kazu at iij.ad.jp> wrote:
> Hello Michael,

>>> What I want to do is to prevent a bad guy abusing CGI. So, I guess
>>> that boolean is enough.
>>
>> Alright, here's a first stab[1]. What do you think?
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/yesodweb/wai/commit/d2b6c66abef939bb1396d576e7541b711a6db67b
>
> Mighttpd executes a sub process and creates a pair of pipes for
> CGI. If timeout happens, it seems to me that there is no way to kill
> the sub process and close the pipes with this scheme.
>
> I would like to register a house-keeping action to Wrap's timer.

So it sounds like instead of the solution we just put in, we should
just expose the ability to use Warp's timeout code directly. This
shouldn't be a problem:

* Expose the Timeout module (maybe in its own package, could be useful
to others)
* Add an extra settingsTimeoutManager :: IO Manager. That way you can
create the manager in Mighttpd and then reuse it in Warp.

Would this address the issue?