[web-devel] A WebSocket library

Jasper Van der Jeugt m at jaspervdj.be
Sun Sep 25 18:15:58 CEST 2011

Hi Michael,

> I think my main question is: why take an enumerator? Should the
> function just run as an iteratee? I know that will make it much more
> amenable to integration with Warp. All of Warp's internal processing
> lives inside an Iteratee, so we can't really extract an Enumerator
> from there. This is already how Warp handles the request body (the
> application lives in an Iteratee), so I think the approach is sound.

You're right. I had this enumerator argument because initially it tied
in better with my "demo" socket server. I've removed it, the type
signature is now:

    runWebSockets :: WebSockets a
                  -> Iteratee ByteString IO ()
                  -> Iteratee ByteString IO a

This should work out better for Warp integration, if I understood you correctly.

Cheers,
Jasper