[web-devel] [Yesod] Re: Yesod: Dynamic subdomains

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Sat Aug 27 22:14:48 CEST 2011

I agree that WAI is well optimized for the common use case, and that this
particular use case may call for a change in Yesod rather than WAI. However,
not being able to store arbitrary data does limit what can be achieved in
WAI.
In Ruby there things (like authentication) that are being done in Rack that
would be difficult to achieve in an extensible way without that capability.
WAI may not seem like the correct layer for those kinds of features.
However, in an environment like Ruby where there *every* web framework uses
Rack, there is a lot of advantage that can be gained by pushing core
features down there.