[web-devel] [Yesod] Re: Yesod: Dynamic subdomains

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Sat Aug 27 20:56:53 CEST 2011

Great example! Inspired me to post a recipe for re-directing from www to the
main domain: http://www.yesodweb.com/show/topic/536

Did the syntax high-lighting stylesheet disappear?

The domain-based routing does make me wonder though- in Rack the data
structure is a hash instead of a record and I could place the sub-domain
somewhere in the hash. Having a reliable record is much nicer than a hash.
However, this shows a use-case where we want to save off extra data at the
WAI level, but there is no way to do so. It seems like WAI should be
modified in some way to properly accommodate this use case. The first thing
that comes to my mind is having an extra parameter in the request record
that is a Map expressly for the purpose of storing data for later use. What
do you think?

Greg Weber