[web-devel] Caching the System time

Kazu Yamamoto ( 山本和彦 ) kazu at iij.ad.jp
Fri Aug 19 03:38:33 CEST 2011

Hello Simon,

> if you're going for such a solution, then why not use difference lists
> or even better bytestring builders as your representation of the
> not-yet-flushed logging journal? Bytestring builders (from the
> blaze-builder library) support a fast append and fast serialization
> from a number of formats to bytestring.

Difference lists are not necessary at this moment because a list is
generated at once in the apacheFormat:

	http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/wai-logger/0.0.0/doc/html/src/Network-Wai-Logger-Format.html#apacheFormat

If my understanding is correct, blaze-builder does not help
hPutLogStr. What I want to do is directly copy ByteString or List to
*Handle's buffer*.

	http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/wai-logger/0.0.0/doc/html/src/Network-Wai-Logger-IO.html#hPutLogStr

--Kazu