[web-devel] Failed to compile authenticate

Haisheng Wu freizl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 13:46:41 CEST 2011

Thanks Michael. It is because of tagsoup version.
After I installed latest tagsoup, I have to "cabal clean && cabal configure
&& cabal build".

However another error came to me after I re-compile authenticate to version
0.9.1.8 successfully.

simonwu at ubuntu:~/haskell/authenticate$ cabal install yesod-0.8.2.1
--reinstall
Resolving dependencies...
cabal: dependencies conflict: authenticate-0.9.1.8 requires bytestring
==0.9.1.7 however
bytestring-0.9.1.7 was excluded because authenticate-0.9.1.8 requires
bytestring ==0.9.1.10

I have both bytestring-0.9.1.7 and bytestring-0.9.1.10 installed.
The error turns out to be really wired to me and I have no idea how to fix
it yet.

Also I tried "bottom-up" re-build yesod.
recompile yesod-auth, yesod-form then recompile but this way is really a
nightmare.
The dependencies dried me crazy thus I gave up.

Appreciate your help!

-Haisheng