[web-devel] libstdc++ missing during yesod installation on OS X

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Wed Jun 29 20:08:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:09 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at serpentine.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 8:33 AM, Alexandros Salazar <nomothetis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I tried installing the haskell platform and yesod from scratch, but it
>> failed during the installation of double-conversion-0.2.0.0 with the
>> following error:
>> .so/.DLL for: stdc++ (dlopen(libstdc++.dylib, 9): image not found)
>> cabal: Error: some packages failed to install:
>> yesod-auth-0.6.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
>> ExitFailure 1
>
> This looks like it's due to the following bug:

Are there any plans for a workaround for this before GHC is patched?
It seems like having aeson as non-buildable on some significant target
platforms would be a serious problem. If that's not planned, I think
we'll need to put some version restrictions on blaze-textual to avoid
the double-conversion dependency, which I don't think would be a good
solution.