[web-devel] On moving Yesod-specific discussion to a separate list

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:58:42 CEST 2011

I've tried to stay out of this one but I think its time to chime in with a couple of observations.

• If it weren't for the Yesod related questions, this list would be essentially dead.

• Even with the Yesod "flooding" there are usually less than 10 threads a day.  This is far from being unmanageable or a huge volume.

• Most of the Yesod questions are legitimate questions.  There is not a huge number of repeats or overly basic questions.

However, its clear that some people on this list, rightly or wrongly don't like the number of yesod questions.  I propose that we all encourage people to subject-tag their threads.  So, subject lines like "[Yesod][Hamlet] how do I reference xyz?" or "[happstack] how do I xxx?" would help people filter for messages that they aren't interested. Perhaps this is a fair short term compromise.  Also, Nubis gets credit for the idea.

Max