[web-devel] On moving Yesod-specific discussion to a separate list

Greg Weber greg at gregweber.info
Tue Jun 28 23:11:58 CEST 2011

I have found my Yesod experience equal to other haskell libraries- it is
simple and obvious after you have used it for a while (if you are familiar
with the domain, which in this case is web development, including REST, MVC,
and databases).

I am going to have to disagree with any vague assertion about Yesod being
difficult to understand. I can only assume since you aren't giving any
specific examples that you haven't used Yesod on a project. We know there
are many places Yesod can be improved, but we know that from specific
criticisms from Yesod users (which we welcome).

I also find it very controversial to imply that Snap is less complex because
it has less functionality. That may make the *framework* less complex, but
it makes *applications* more complex if they need the missing functionality.

Again, I think the problem that you are others are encountering is an
assumption that readers know a lot more about Yesod than they possibly could
if they haven't used it. Lets encourage the community to present web-devel
discussions in a little broader light that is easier for everyone to
understand.

Greg Weber