[web-devel] Yesod form composition

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Jun 21 19:42:52 CEST 2011

Just in case people missed it, Doug (MightyByte) sent a link to how he
implemented this in digestive-functors[1].

I thought I'd spell it out on the list now, since I don't think I ever
explained this: I wanted to base yesod-form off of digestive-functors,
but its lack of custom forms was a problem. In yesod-form, we have
three styles of form: applicative, monadic and input. d-f only
supports applicative. I think a good medium-term strategy is for
yesod-form to develop as it has been, adding the features that are
necessary. When we feel comfortable with where it's at, I'd like to
touch base with the d-f team and see if we can figure out a way to get
these two libraries to work together.

Michael

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/digestive-functors/0.1.0.0/doc/html/Text-Digestive-Forms.html#v:inputList