[web-devel] Form Composition

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Tue Jun 21 19:01:46 CEST 2011

Just passing this along:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: MightyByte <mightybyte at gmail.com>
To: web-devel at haskell.org
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:47:07 -0400
Subject: Form Composition
I wrote something like this for formlets[1] quite some time ago.  (We
called it massInput.)  For all practical purposes, formlets has been
superceded by digestive-functors [2].  I re-implemented it again for
digest-functors (called inputList) with more features and better
design[3].  It's a tricky problem, and I went down several dead-end
paths before converging on the solution as it exists in
digestive-functors now.  If you're going to re-implement it with your
form framework, I would highly recommend looking at our existing work
first.

[1] https://github.com/chriseidhof/formlets
[2] https://github.com/jaspervdj/digestive-functors
[3] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/digestive-functors/0.1.0.0/doc/html/Text-Digestive-Forms.html#v:inputList