[web-devel] "yesod devel" and sandbox'ed environment

Michael Snoyman michael at snoyman.com
Mon Jun 13 20:35:01 CEST 2011

Right now, "yesod devel" uses the Cabal library, so therefore does not
work well with cabal-dev. I think a milestone for the Yesod 0.9
release should be a major cleanup of "yesod devel". Greg and I have
been discussing having Yesod hacking sessions over IRC and/or Skype; I
think that "yesod devel" is something complicated enough that having a
few people working on it together would be very beneficial. If people
are interested in having a discussion about it, contact me and we
should arrange a time.

As a general idea, I think "yesod devel" could *almost* entirely be
implemented as a shell script. I would like to avoid such an approach,
because it won't work on Windows. But perhaps simply implementing a
shell script approach in Haskell would be sufficient.

Michael