[web-devel] DTD types

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Jun 2 07:17:30 CEST 2011

John Millikin wrote:
> If I'm reading that paragraph correctly, the prefix is not
> significant, or even present, in a DTD. You only use the local name.

No, the spec is quite clear about that. Element names and
attribute names are "qualified names", but their namespaces
are not "interpreted"; those terms are defined precisely earlier
in the spec. In order for that to produce XML documents that
make sense, the spec recommends that you use #FIXED for the
xmlns:foo attribute in the appropriate places in the DTD.

Thanks,
Yitz