[web-devel] Kick-off discussion: Yesod 0.9

Aristid Breitkreuz aristidb at googlemail.com
Tue May 31 11:36:59 CEST 2011

2011/5/31 Michael Snoyman <michael at snoyman.com>

> On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Aristid Breitkreuz
> <aristidb at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Except currently only SimpleDB actually works. Is your XML cursor stuff
> > ready soon? Because that's one of the reasons why I paused development.
> AWS
> > involves a lot of XML and I felt that my current  combination of xml +
> > xml-monad (two packages) is not optimal or even just future-proof.
>
> The code is up on Hackage, and ready to be tested. As it stands now,
> I'm not actually using it for my internal code at all, so I haven't
> stress-tested it much yet.

The commit at least says the code is incomplete, and it is also lacking the
accessor functions that would make it a superior alternative to the
combination of xml + xml-monad.

No pressure though: I don't have an acute need for AWS myself, right now (I
started the aws package because I thought it was cool, not because I
currently need it). Also, my offer to help with Cursor still stands - I'd
just like to know which functions I should implement.

Aristid