[web-devel] Database.Persistent

Max Cantor mxcantor at gmail.com
Fri May 6 04:02:12 CEST 2011

Personally, I vote against this.  Putting in undefineds maintains type-safety.  However, in my mind the primary purpose of static type-safety is the avoidance of runtime errors.  This only encourages that.  Perhaps a better approach is to have some a TH function to generate "subselects" which would be records that only contain the requested data.  Its a bit more constraining, but I fear that the alternative is tantamount to curing the disease by killing the patient.

furthermore, I worry that allowing undefined's here will start a slippery, runtime-error-laden slope which we're better off avoiding..

max