[web-devel] juliusFile in yesod 0.8 eating all memory

JP Moresmau jpmoresmau at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:32:17 CEST 2011

Right, found it.

>>> instance (ToJSON a)=> ToJavascript a where
>>>       toJavascript =toJavascript . toJSON

That used to work but now seems to go into an infinite loop. I've
replaced it by:

instance (ToJSON a)=> ToJavascript a where
       toJavascript =fromLazyText . decodeUtf8  . encode . toJSON

and everything works again. Not very elegant, have I missed something?
Shouldn't that instance be part of Yesod somewhere? I mean if we
standardize on Aeson, and we want variables in Javascript, it makes
sense to serialize ToJSON instances in a Julius template.

JP